– Bure’s share in EBITA of the portfolio companies rose by 35 per cent to SEK 54M (40) for the second quarter and by 72 per cent to SEK 119M (69) for the first half of the year.
– The Parent Company’s profit after tax for the second quarter improved to SEK 170M (26). For the first half of the year, Parent Company profit was SEK 570M (17).
– Equity per share in the Parent Company was SEK 3.03 (1.93).
– Consolidated profit in continuing operations rose to SEK 57M (21) for the second quarter and SEK 166M (69) for the first half of the year. Earnings per share after full dilution were SEK 0.09 (0.05) for the second quarter and SEK 1.22 (0.18) for the first half of the year.
– Consolidated operating profit including discontinued operations reached SEK 44M (58) for the second quarter and SEK 803M (179) for the first half of the year. In continuing operations, operating profit was SEK 40M (33) for the second quarter and SEK 145M (91) for the first half of the year.
– As a step in the focusing of Bure’s school operations, the independent education group has been renamed Anew Learning.
– In May, Anew Learning acquired all of the shares in Rytmus and Proteam.
– Bure’s warrant series 2003/2007 expired on 15 June 2007 and Bure raised subscription proceeds of SEK 348M from the issuance of new shares in the second quarter.
– The Bure Group will record a gain of more than SEK 30M in connection with the acquisition of US-based Spotfire.
– A 1-for-10 reverse share split was carried out with the record date on 6 July 2007.
– For approval of the SEK 575M redemption programme and the ownership diversification programme in the subsidiary Textilia, the Board has called an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on 3 September 2007.
KEY FIGURES PER SHARE AND 1-FOR-10 REVERSE SPLIT
All key figures per share presented in this report have been calculated prior to the 1-for-10 reverse share split. After the reverse split, all key figures per share have increased by a factor of 10.
A complete Interim Report can be read at https://www.bure.se
Gothenburg, 22 August 2007
Bure Equity AB (publ)