Second quarter 2008
- Bure’s share in EBITA of the portfolio companies excluding exit gains rose by 72 per cent to SEK 96M (56).
- The Parent Company’s profit after tax was SEK 175M (170).
- Consolidated profit amounted to SEK 144M (61). Profi t excluding sold units was SEK 120M (54). Fully diluted earnings per share were SEK 1.55 (0.60).
- In April Bure’s educational group Anew Learning acquired Didaktus, a provider of high school and adult education.
- Martin Henricson took over as Bure’s new CEO at the beginning of May.
- In May Bure’s subsidiary Textilia acquired the properties in which the company conducts laundering operations.
- Bure’s subsidiary EnergoRetea acquired CLC Installationsconsult AB with the transfer of ownership on 1 August 2008.
- In June Bure signed an agreement for the sale of its holding in Citat Group AB.
Interim period January-June 2008
- Bure’s share in EBITA of the portfolio companies excluding exit gains/losses increased by 40 per cent to SEK 170M (122).
- The Parent Company’s profit after tax was SEK 187M (570).
- Equity per share in the Parent Company was SEK 29.00 (30.29).
- Consolidated profit amounted to SEK 256M (824). Profi t excluding sold units was SEK 169M (155). Fully diluted earnings per share were SEK 2.75 (7.64).
- The sale of Bure’s subsidiary Citat was completed in July, providing a preliminary capital gain of SEK 126M.
- In August Bure and AcadeMedia AB (publ) signed a Letter of Intent for a merger between Bure’s independent school group Anew Learning and AcadeMedia.
- Bure’s Board of Directors will call an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) and propose that the entire holding in AcadeMedia AB (publ) be distributed to the shareholders, provided that the merger is carried out.
- The Board will also propose to the EGM that the remaining cash surplus be distributed during the autumn.
- In August Bure divested its entire holding in the subsidiary Textilia.
A complete Interim Report can be read at https://www.bure.se
Gothenburg, 27 August 2008
Bure Equity AB (publ)
//bure.se/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2015/05/Bure_240.jpg 0 0 Martin Ekström //bure.se/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2015/05/Bure_240.jpg Martin Ekström2008-08-27 06:30:002008-08-27 06:30:00Interim Report January-June 2008
Continued strong growth and healthy earnings in the portfolio companies