Focus on sales activities and cost adaptations in the portfolio companies
- Parent Company profit after tax of SEK 14M (12).
- Parent Company equity per share of SEK 28.80 (28.12).
- Consolidated profit of SEK 2M (112).
- Consolidated loss excluding discontinued operations of SEK -13M (28).
- Diluted earnings per share of SEK 0.03 (1.21).
- Bure’s share in net sales of the portfolio companies was SEK 263M (273).
- Bure’s share in EBITA of the portfolio companies fell to SEK -9M (19).
- In February Bure distributed a total of SEK 1,007M through implementation of the voluntary redemption procedure that was approved in December 2008.
- In February Bure and Altor Equity together signed an agreement with the Swedish National Debt Office to acquire Carnegie Investment Bank. The total purchase price amounts to SEK 1,402M plus an additional payment of at least SEK 250M for recovery of loans. The acquisition is expected to be completed in early May. Bure will initially have a holding of 35 per cent.
- In February Bure and Altor Equity together signed an agreement with the Swedish National Debt Office to acquire Max Matthiessen. The total purchase price amounts to SEK 500M including dividends to the Swedish National Debt Office . The acquisition is expected to be completed in early May. Bure will initially have a holding of 35 per cent.
- Carl Backman will take over as CEO of Bure in connection with the Annual General Meeting.
- The Board proposes that the Annual General Meeting approve the implementation of an ownership diversification programme in the portfolio company SRC – Scandinavian Retail Center.
A complete Interim Report can be read at http://www.bure.se
Göteborg, 28 April 2009
Bure Equity AB (publ)
For additional information, please contact:
Carl Backman, Incoming President, phone +46 31-708 64 59
Jonas Alfredson, CFO, phone +46 31-708 64 41, +46 733-90 49 12
Pia-Lena Olofsson, Group Accounting Manager,phone +46 31-708 64 49, +46 708-58 04 53
TELEPHONE CONFERENCE IN SWEDISH, APRIL 29 AT 09:30 CET
Tomorrow Wednesday 29 April at 09:30 CET, a telephone conference will be held in Swedish with Incoming CEO Carl Backman and CFO Jonas Alfredson. Journalists and professional actors at the capital market are welcome to participate. Please dial +46 8 506 269 04 ten minutes prior to the conference to participate.