– Bure’s share in EBITA of the portfolio companies for the third quarter improved by 45 per cent to SEK 16 M (11). EBITA for the nine-month period rose 13 per cent to SEK 116M (103).
– Consolidated net profit was SEK 626M (5) for the third quarter and SEK 751M (403) for the first nine months. Earnings per share after full dilution were SEK 0.54 (0.00) for the third quarter and SEK 0.63 (0.38) for the nine-month period.
– Consolidated operating profit including discontinued operations reached SEK 625M (27) for the third quarter and SEK 804M (496) for the first nine months. Operating profit in continuing operations was SEK 7M (-5) for the third quarter and SEK 113M (417) for the nine-month period.
– The Parent Company’s profit after tax was SEK 621M (4) for the third quarter and SEK 637M (310) for the nine-month period.
– Equity per share amounted to SEK 2.41 (1.87) (discounted value).
– The sale of Carl Bro was completed during the period, providing a capital gain of SEK 618M. The purchase consideration consisted of SEK 845M in cash and 6.1 per cent of the shares in the Netherlands-based consulting engineering group Grontmij.
– In the beginning of October Bure acquired 100 per cent of the shares in GTU IT Gymnasier AB and 100 per cent of the shares in Framtidsgymnasiet I Göteborg AB for a price of SEK 80M.
– During October, Bure raised its holding in Cygate Group AB to 98.7 per cent through the acquisition of 4.7 per cent of the outstanding shares from Conventum for a price of SEK 18.6M.
– On 2 October Bure completed the sale of a school property to Kungsleden. The transaction generated a capital gain of SEK 7M in the parent company.
SUCCESSFUL DEVELOPMENT CREATES OPPORTUNITY FOR CAPITAL DISTRIBUTION
– The company intends to carry out an extraordinary capital distribution of around SEK 900M in 2007 and an additional sum of approximately SEK 500M comprising the anticipated proceeds from the exercise of the outstanding warrants. See separate press release.
A complete interim report can be read at https://www.bure.se
Gothenburg, October 30, 2006
Bure Equity AB (publ)