– Bure’s share in EBITA of the portfolio companies improved to SEK 10M (2) for the traditionally weak third quarter and by 79 per cent to SEK 129M (72) for the first nine months of the year.
– Net sales in the portfolio companies rose by 24 per cent to SEK 539M (434) for the third quarter and by 23 per cent to SEK 1,875M (1,521) for the first nine months.
– The Parent Company’s profit after tax was SEK 36M (621) for the third quarter and SEK 606M (637) for the first nine months.
– Equity per share in the Parent Company was SEK 30.18 (24.14).
– Consolidated operating profit including discontinued operations reached SEK 65M (621) for the third quarter and SEK 868M (768) for the first nine months. In continuing operations, operating profit was SEK 61M (-4) for the third quarter and SEK 206M (87) for the first nine months.
– Consolidated profit in continuing operations rose to SEK 61M (1) for the third quarter and to SEK 227M (70) for the first nine months. Fully diluted earnings per share were SEK 0.61 (5.36) for the third quarter and SEK 7.45 (6.28) for the first nine months.
– In September Anew Learning acquired the independent school company Fenestra, which operates one preschool and two compulsory schools in Göteborg and is responsible for 700 children and pupils.
– During the period Bure sold its holding in Jeeves parts of its holding in Grontmij, which together provided an exit gain of SEK 29M and net proceeds of SEK 76M.
– The application period for Bure’s redemption programme, as resolved on by the Extraordinary General Meeting on 3 September, expired on 12 October. A total of 99.1 per cent of all redemption rights were exercised, which means that Bure will pay out a sum of SEK 569M for the redeemed shares at the beginning of November 2007.
– Bure announced a mandatory offer to acquire AcadeMedia AB. SEK 90.00 in cash is offered for each share of class A and class B.
– During October Bure has acquired another 53,525 shares of class A and 1,269,333 shares of class B in AcadeMedia and after this Bure’s holding represents 31.5 per cent of the share capital and 45.4 per cent of the votes.
A complete Interim Report can be read at https://www.bure.se
Gothenburg, 26 October, 2007
Bure Equity AB (publ)